IODINE is one of the most important biogenic elements and is essential for correct thyroid gland functioning – which is production of its hormones – thyroxin T4, triiodothyronine T3 and calcitonin.
These hormones control the transport of nutrients to each cell of the human body and participate in the normalization of all kinds of metabolisms: water-mineral, protein, hydrocarbon, fat, oxygen and energy.
IMPACT OF IODINE ON HUMAN HEALTH
- contributes to proper thyroid function and hormone production,
- plays an important role in the proper functioning of the nervous system,
- contributes to the correct energy metabolism,
- helps maintain healthy cognitive functions,
- helps maintain a healthy skin condition.